Here's how I survived and came out looking like a superstar!
Step 1: I cut the sleeves, neckline, and hem off.
Step 2: I cut the neckline down to an acceptable length in the front and opened up the back to a razor back style. (I used a similar shirt and chalk to draw my cutting lines.)
Step 3: I sewed up the sides to make it more snug and trimmed the bottom to make it shorter.
Step 4: I added bias tape trim to all the raw edges to keep them from unraveling. (I even did this on the inside seams.)
Step 5: She wore it and loved it. I gloated and gleamed at my sewing powers. (Seriously, considering my sewing disabilities, this project made me feel like I had just landed it in the Hudson!) I AM MOMMY HEAR ME ROAR! Now I'm a hero to her. (Until she makes another request.) Oh the pressure!
Nydia, I mentioned your PB horse post in my blog today and added a link to you. I loved it so much I made one too. Thanks for the inspiration!ReplyDelete
Jodie the nest eclectic
Very clever .. I have t-shirts that need to be changed and so I will try this!! Many thanks!!!ReplyDelete