Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Writings On The Wall

I found this little chalkboard today as I was looking for Goodwill donations to take in.  It belonged to my daughter when she was 5 so it's been around for a while.  It was tucked away behind my little one's dresser so it wasn't being used.  As soon as I saw it, I got flashbacks of all the gorgeous chalkboards floating around in blogland.  *LOVE*  It didn't take a burning bush for me to see what needed to happen next.  "Oh Honey!"  Thankfully I got him in a good mood because he cut the trim and helped me attach it to the edge of the chalkboard.  After the Gorilla Glue dried all I had to do was caulk the angles and let those dry.  Then it was just a matter of taping it off and painting.  Best of all the cost of this total project was $0.50!  Yes that's right not even a full dollar!  I had all the materials on hand except for the 50 cent jar of paint from my local Lowes home improvement store.  I love it when I can repurpose things I have on hand.  This puppy will hang in my sun's (I spell it like that on purpose) room along with that cute truck shelf I made yesterday.

One old little helpless chalkboard.


Even at this stage it's an improvement!


Taped off and ready for paint.


Chunky blue frame courtesy of 50 cent mistint paint from Lowes.


Final product: A new to him chalkboard for my sun's room makeover.


3 comments:

  1. love your stuff! you have such an eye to make things out of stuff you already have. I am learning to get that. Looking forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! You should try your hand at it. You might discover some jems.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i do try my hand at some crafty things every so often. lately i have been sewing which has turned out quite nicely and fun.
    follow me at onesweetstory.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...