Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"Can" I Please Use You For Storage

Remember that can of soda crackers I showed you here, well I finally finished remodeling it.  Who doesn't need extra storage?  I know I'm always on the lookout for interesting, decorative ways to store my junk.  This is not just another container.  It's prettified!  No one has to know it was a can of soda crackers.  Best of all it's one less thing that ends up in the trash.  Win, win. 


 Here's the before of the offending can. 



 Here it is covered in some type of rayon fabric remnant. 



Here's the final product after the addition of some scrap ribbon and a stenciled monogram.  Not too bad if I say so myself. 


I have enough cans to make a thousand of these!  I really like crackers!  I'm a cracker freak!

Nydia 8)

I'm linking this here nonsense over at these parties:

7 comments:

  1. Thats what I call recycling....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! So now that it isn't holding crackers, what is it holding?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yet another great idea Nydia, "can" I please invite you back to my blog bash K.I.S.S.? Hope to see you there.:)

    http://thetatteredtag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a set of cans that I've saved to do something similar with. Love the little swirl too. How did you attach your fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Rugrats- It's holding tape, pens, paperclips, etc. @ The Mama- I glued the fabric on by coating the can with a layer of Modge Podge. Be careful though, if your fabric is sheer you might need to paint the can first. Good luck! I'd love to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...