Monday, January 3, 2011

One Heck of a Soothing Pillow

I was looking for a cheap way to change up my couch pillows.  You see, I'm a bit wishy washy when it comes to home decor and often change my mind about "my look".   So in my search for couch pillow nirvana the thought popped in my head to make covers.  Obviously I wasn't the first person to come up with this idea but it works for me.  So... I dug out my trusty sewing machine and made a quick run to my local fabric store.  This is what I made using 82 cents worth of fabric remnants.

Very plain Jane right?



Well I couldn't just leave her like that.  No not me.  I was inspired.  Remember?  So I made a quick run to my local crafts store for some fabric paint.  Next thing you know my Silhouette is out, vinyl is flying, puffy paint is all over my hair, you get the picture.  A few very disapproving head nods from my husband later and I was done. 

Silhouette vinyl hanging on for dear life. 


Not too shabby for about $2.50. 






1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...