Thursday, January 13, 2011

Divine Intervention

On my de-Christmafying adventure the other day, I found another set of candle holders that had been forgotten in the basement.  These were chrome colored.  I had bought them a while back at Goodwill for a buck each and never used them.  Poor poor candle holders sitting in the dark lonely basement throughout all of the Christmas merriment.  So sad.  I brought them up and sat them on the counter right next to my sugar and flour containers and walked away.  As soon as I came back into the kitchen, I noticed that the candle holders and the containers were the exact same color and sheen.  What great luck!  It was meant to be!  I placed the containers over the holders and they looked so great together!  It was like they were meant to look that way.  It seemed to me like divine intervention.  And who am I to mess with divine intervention?  So... I reached for my Gorilla Glue and married those two right away!  I was elated!  Wah Whooo!  Ok I guess I'm stretching here.  But the feeling was happy people trust me.  Silly husband walked in and said, "those are not going to work, they're top heavy and will topple."  What does he know?  They are not top heavy, I made sure to test this before the gluing.  In the future I will refer to my husband as ye of little faith!


Here's the before:


Here's the after: 




I'm happy and that's all it took. 



Nydia 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...