Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Lovely Valentine Wall Art

Love is in the air! So is decluttering. I decided to combine the two. I took an old frame that I found at Goodwill for $2.50. It clearly came from a nursery. This thing was just taking up space in my house and I didn't just want to throw it out.  I decided to paint the frame and create a Valentine wall decor thing out of it.  I painted the frame using oil rubbed bronze spray paint-loooovvveee iiittt!



Next, I took out the frame's backing and covered that with some white basket weaved type fabric that I also had lying around.  This gave me a nice textured surface to work upon. 



While the mat dried, I took out my handy dandy Silhouette machine and cut out my phrase and my LOVE cutouts.  I used some scrap cardstock that matched the matting and frame colors.  I glued my phrase cutout onto a scrapbook mat page and I set all of this over another piece of scrap cardstock.  This gave me a little bit of brown bordering around the whole center part.  It looked rather plain at this stage so I went back to my Silhouette and cut out some curly Qs - at least that's what I know them as.  These I stuck at the corners.  Last and finally, I glued all of these cutouts onto the fabric matting and Ta da - Valentine art!



I love this sooo much!  Such great use of would be garbage!  I'm a legend in my own mind!


Nydia 8)


I'm linking this here nonsense over at:



Beyond The Picket Fence
giveaways

3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous!!! I love it!!!
    =0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie I can't thank you enough for saying that because I didn't see too much excitement from it. I love it though and that's all that really matters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love repurposing old frames...I just bought one on clearance at TJ's that's HIDEOUS. Lol.

    Fun and festive Vday art!

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice last week.

    FYI: Creative Juice is on hiatus until the week of Valentine's Day because of The Beat the Winter Blues Party.

    If you have any cool photo project you'd like to link up...stop by!

    http://momnivoresdilemma.blogspot.com/2011/02/beat-winter-blues-tackle-those.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...