Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Ruffled Scarf That Won't Ruffle Your Feathers

I don't know what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, but in my neck of the woods it's freezing!  I'm talking, polar bear sexy party, cold! 


Being warm matters to me more than being cute these days and after seeing the forecast this week, I figured frumpy is here to stay for a bit longer than I thought.  I can't have that.  So I decided to combine cute and warm with this spectacular scarf idea that I got from Make It and Love It.  Go check it out.  It's so gorgeous!

I took her basic idea and tweeked it a little based on my laziness ability level.  So, I took $2.62 worth of fabric scrap and cut that in half to make two long foldable strips.  I attached these to make one long continuous piece of fabric. 

I folded the fabric and sewed a seam on the wrong side- like when you make a pillow casing.  Next step was to turn it inside out and sew the end seams.  At this point it looked like a giant sausage casing.  Yum...meat!

Can you tell I like gray? 


I took this long tube and folded it every 2 inches or so to create a pleat.  I stuck a pin in each pleat and after about one billion pins-true story, I had a scarf length I liked. 

I took this whole mess pre-scarf over to my sewing machine and sewed one giant line down the middle taking out the pins as I went. 

Careful picking this sucker up! 


The whole scarf, from start to finish, took about 20 minutes to make.  Best of all this was an extremely easy sewing project and trust me when I tell you that I can't engineer myself out of a paper bag!  I love my new scarf and I was even thinking of making it as gifts. 

I love you.  Yes I do.


Just so you know; my scarf is similar to the inspiration scarf but completely different at the same time.  Next time I will try the inspiration method. 

Stay warm and sexy friends!

Nydia 8) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...