Friday, February 10, 2012

Free From Scraps Valentine's Day Pinwheel Wall Hanging

I'm still on my Valentine's Day kick as you can see.  This project is another crazy easy one.  I made it out of all those annoying paper scraps left over from using my Silhouette, Cricut, or from plain old scrapbooking.  I'm such a hoarder that I won't throw out the most minute piece of paper.

Yeah, I said it.  I'm a hoarder.  It's clinical really.  I'm done telling people I'm a saver.  I'm through calling myself a collector.  I've even called myself an environmentally conscientious person.  But I know the truth and the truth is I've crossed the line over from innocent pack rat and I've officially taken up residence in Hoardersville.

On a brighter note all this hoarding is saving me money because I don't need to buy supplies as often.  That's a good thing right?  Right!?  Well needless to say these days I'm tighter than a photo finish.  I have some major expenses coming up.  Major!

So back to the project.  I folded strips of paper accordion style and glued the edges together.  Tada- a pinwheel thingy.  I did this four times, each time making the pinwheel smaller.  I glued 8 center circles left over from another project onto the center front and back of the pinwheels to reinforce them.  I glued ribbon along the backs of the pinwheels to hang them.  Last but not least, I used some left over letters, yes I even kept that, I know I'm sick, spelling the word L-O-V-E.



Look, I know this project isn't perfect,neither am I.   My mantra in life is this: If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.  I win!  Plus, remember, I obviously have mental health issues with all the crap I hoard.  Example of things I still keep: Hair- belonging to me, and my children.  Left over from first hair cuts and I kept a long braid from when I cut my hair short.  Eww!  Teeth- tons of baby teeth belonging to my children which served to horrify my best friend.  Nasty!   Bellybuttons- I saved my children's dried up bellybuttons.  Don't judge!  O.K. I'll stop because I'm starting to scare myself.

Nydia 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...