Monday, February 20, 2012

Fabric Covered Cork Board Message Center

My kitchen had this rinky dinky message board, hanging on the desk wall, that never got any love.  Actually, it was a bit of an eyesore and its only purpose was to make me kind of look like I got my shizz together, if you know what I mean.  The fact of the matter is, it looked a mess with all kinds of things just stuck to it.  Besides, when is cork board ever sexy?  Uhh... never.  So I decided it was time to make it new and improved.  It looks so much better now than before.

Here's what it looks like now.  

Here's the before.  I got it for a dollar.  

So basically, I took it apart and sprayed the cork with glue and applied the fabric.  I did the same thing to the grape thingy.  Then, using my Silhouette machine, I created a calendar out of vinyl and stuck that right onto the backside of the glass.  Now I can pin things on the cork side and write on the glass side using a dry erase marker. 





Not bad for a buck eh? 

I am so darn cheap!  I swear I get giddy over this.  I take my leave.

1 comment:

  1. A buck? Can't beat the price. It turned out very nice. Love the fabric you chose! And I wanted to say ~ Thanks for stopping at P3!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...