Sunday, October 30, 2011

Abracadabra It's A Halloween Candelabra

Last year, before I started this blog, I spotted a Halloween candelabra at Home Goods.  It was so neat, that I had to take a picture of it.  I didn't buy it because it seemed easy to replicate and besides it wasn't exactly free.  I already had everything I needed to make it on hand, so I decided to give it a try. 

This is the inspirational piece.  Very plain but I loved how the hand wraps around it. I think it cost like $20. 


I had this candelabra that I use every Halloween.  Notice the red candle drippings from my "bloody" candles.



 Now, since I made this before I started this blog, I don't really have pictures to show you the exact process, but I can walk you through it. 

First, I scraped off as much candle wax as I could.  Lol!  I'm just kidding I spray painted right over it with a can of left over black paint.  What do I look like-a perfectionist?

The skeleton hand came from a bag of skeleton parts that I usually scatter over the front of my makeshift graveyard.  No one is going to miss it.  So I took that hand and spray painted it in shiny silver.  Then, I used my glue gun to attach it to the candelabra.  The bloody candles were made by painting the natural candle drippings with red paint. 



I love this now.  I think I even like it better than the one from the store.  And guess what?  This one was free and made from crap that I was totally over.  Yea viva Halloween!



Nydia 8)

1 comment:

  1. I agree, yours looks even better than the one at the store!! Great job, and thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...