Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Simple Laundry Room Sign DIY

Have you ever forgotten a load of wet laundry in the washer?  I think most of you can agree with me when I say NASTY!  Double NASTY if the washer is in a basement because for some reason the clothes get moldy and stinkier much faster.  If you follow my blog, you might know that I have major laundry issues.

I am terrible with keeping up with the mounds, hills, mountains of laundry that my small family of four creates.  Don't get me wrong, I do manage to get it all done before I end up having to wear my wedding dress to work, but still the mere task of Laundry Day is an all day event for which a national holiday needs to be declared - at least at my house.

So you see it's understandable when I say that forgetting a wet load until it's stinkier than before is a complete frustration for me.  I've found the solution though and I'm going to share it with you.

Since my laundry room is in my basement, when I close the basement door I tend to forget laundry exists.  My solution was to create a sign that reminds me of exactly what's happening down there. When the laundry is in the washer, the sign is turned over to read WET.  When the laundry is in the dryer, it's turned over to read DRY.  It's freaking stupidly GENIUS!


To make this low tech device of sheer genius, I used a scrap board from the garbage garage.  


This piece of crap scrap. 

I stained it with some left over stain.

I cut some letters out of scrap vinyl using my Cricut and placed them onto the stained board.  Then I spray painted it lightly using white paint.

I attached a wire to the sign and hung it up.  Ta-da!  A sign that basically says, "Hey stupid, don't forget your laundry!"


Nydia 8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...