Monday, January 16, 2012

An Easy to Make Valentine's Day Heart Garland

I might be a bit early with the Valentine's Day decor but I don't care.  January has nothing.  After the holidays winter should be embarrassed with itself.  So, move it along January I don't really care for you too much.

I lieu of February and it's Valentine's Day festivities, I've taken it upon myself to add to my smallish collection of decorative pieces.  I refuse to buy Valentine's decorations because I don't consider it as decor worthy as say, Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas.  So I'll be posting some crap crafts that I've made in honor of love and its celebratory day.


Here's a simple garland.  I made it after being inspired by one I saw on Pinterest, but for the life of me I can't find the original.  If someone out there knows who made the original version of this please let me know so I can give credit and a link.  I found this so cute and it's super simple to make and took about 15 minutes from start to finish.  Seriously people, I made this and put it together while playing Monopoly with my son.  I was the banker by the way.  That just goes to show you how truly quick and simple this is.  

Here's what you'll need:

  • red felt
  • slightly less red felt
  • a sharp scissor
  • some ribbon

First you will cut out small hearts.  You determine how many you will need since it depends on how long you want your garland to be.  


Once you have an amount of hearts that you are ok with, you can go ahead and cut little slits into the hearts.  These will be what you thread your ribbon through.  Fold each heart in half and make two small cuts.  


Lastly, thread the ribbon all the way through making sure to space the hearts evenly.  Knot the ends of the ribbon and you're finished. 



It's so sweet looking.  I just love it.  

Nydia 8)


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I am also looking to celebrate my Valentine day with my loved one, buy the way your blog has really some great ideas regarding Valentine day, Thank you

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...