Monday, February 14, 2011

Necktie Necklace Know-How

Omg! I have found love in bloggy form over at Susanconnordesign.typepad.com! Holy macaroni! She has everything cool and chat worthy on there. Please run, don’t walk, over to her site-after mine of course! I dare you not to get inspired. I sure did. I saw this gorg tie necklace and my eyes popped out of my head! (I pushed them back in.) I said to myself, “self… this is the coolest thing I’ve seen since uh… I don’t know… EVER!” I NEEDED TO MAKE IT!- like yesterday. And that’s exactly what I did. I went ahead and made a version of it. *Note- Hey Suzy is not the actual designer of the piece. I don’t know who is, but whoever it is I want you to know that I pray at your feet because you are an artist and my imitation of your work is merely my feeble attempt at paying homage to you. Come forth genius and claim the praise that is rightfully yours. (Dramatic much?) Uh hem moving on now; here’s how I made my version.

Step 1: Stole tie from unknowing husband. (Poor thing doesn’t know what the heck is in his closet. He’s fashion blind.)

Step 2: Snatched a handful of pins. You should be careful not to get poked- I’m just saying. These pins will be used to hold together the temporary folds.

Step 3: Placed the tie around my neck and began folding and pinning. Do this until you have a necklace size that suits you. If you are like me, at this point you will have: 1. Cursed about $1000 into your curse jar and 2. Have enough pin holes around your neck to require a transfusion.




Step 4: Sewed the folds in place from the underside of the tie. I did this because I didn’t think to glue it until now. Darn it! I swear sometimes my brain is like a solid brick of lard!

Step 5: Cut away the excess and sewed a matchy button onto the front of the tie. Under this button be sure to sew a snap closure that will attach the two pieces around your neck.

Side notes- I could’ve made a button hole and all that fancy stuff but making button holes has proven to be my new Dante’s hell!

This is my "cool" face.  I should have slathered on some lipstick!




K-bye now, I have to go find an outfit to wear this with.


Nydia 8)

8 comments:

  1. That is brilliant....gonna go raid someones closet in a minute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love that! Raid. I've gotten so many compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOly cow! That is totally funky and cool! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is really awesome, nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it! You need a hot LBD with that! Super job!
    You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday through Sunday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
    AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out great! Raiding husbands closet right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is great. I love it. I'm your newest follower. I'm having my first link party tomorrow (Monday). It would be great if you could stop by and post your project. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you glued it ... what sort of glue would you have used???

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...